Where's the new Smalltalk?

Darius Clarke socinian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 23:07:53 UTC 2006

To see the migrations and cycles also listen to:

- Clayton Christensen's disruptive technology in The Innovator's
Dilemma and The Innovator's Solution
http://www.itconversations.com/shows/detail135.html

Language is about folding knowledge into one's memory and manipulating
knowledge by the labels one uses that are created by the folding of
that knowledge. Folding knowledge is for the purpose of saving time
and minimizing complexity.

What one knows and what one remembers will define what labels &
symbols a language will mold itself around and become its next shape.

Just like children, we change language and add to it as we use it. We
change ourselves by the language we use and the ideas contained in it.
And, we meaningfully interact with varied skilled adults and
multi-lingual adults at the same time.

Someday software languages will be that flexible.

18r
Darius