SqueakMap question - Can there be 2 MCZ per Package?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Sep 20 07:16:32 UTC 2006

goran at krampe.se wrote:
> SM is strictly one URL per release (though I did contemplate the
> possibility of having multiple but backed out of that, mostly due to
> complexity) BUT... you can quite easily put two MCs together into a .sar
> file (which is a zip file with some conventions) which has a load script
> in it.
>
> I presume there are many examples of this - but I can't point you to
> one. But plenty others on this list must have done it before.

Have a look at the FFI installer (quoted below in full). It loads three
MCZs from a particular repository location (for good measure a progress
bar is thrown in for free ;-) Works great, less filling.

"Simple FFI installation script"
repo := MCHttpRepository
	location:'http://source.squeakfoundation.org/FFI'
	user: ''
	password: ''.
'Installing FFI'
	displayProgressAt: Sensor cursorPoint
	from: 1 to: 6 during:[:bar|
	#(
		'FFI-Kernel-ar.7.mcz'
		'FFI-Tests-ar.2.mcz'
		'FFI-Examples-ar.1.mcz'
	) keysAndValuesDo:[:index :pkgVersion|
		bar value: index*2-1.
		reader := repo versionReaderForFileNamed: pkgVersion.
		bar value: index*2.
		version := reader version.
		version workingCopy repositoryGroup addRepository: repo.
		version load.
	].
].

Cheers,