SqueakMap question - Can there be 2 MCZ per Package?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Wed Sep 20 07:28:23 UTC 2006

Hi!

Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> goran at krampe.se wrote:
> > SM is strictly one URL per release (though I did contemplate the
> > possibility of having multiple but backed out of that, mostly due to
> > complexity) BUT... you can quite easily put two MCs together into a .sar
> > file (which is a zip file with some conventions) which has a load script
> > in it.
> >
> > I presume there are many examples of this - but I can't point you to
> > one. But plenty others on this list must have done it before.
>
> Have a look at the FFI installer (quoted below in full). It loads three
> MCZs from a particular repository location (for good measure a progress
> bar is thrown in for free ;-) Works great, less filling.

Ah, yes of course - a static load script. Funny that I forgot about that
option. :)

Note: With "static" I mean that the script loads the same stuff every
time - not the "latest available". That would be a dynamic load script.

regards, Göran

PS. It really is time for a complete SM rewrite - there are lots of
lessons learned and things we can do much better. As always.