Sockets broken on Macs?

Rob Withers reefedjib at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 18:11:41 UTC 2006

I recently had a problem using sockets on the Mac and I was looking for help.  I was using the normal socket class and I was using the listen/accept protocols to establish a listening socket.  I then attempted to use another Socket to connectTo but it failed.  This works on windows.  I even tried the accept protocol where you can specify the interface, but that also failed.

Do I need to do something special on Macs to get sockets to accept and connect?   Are Sockets broken on Macs?

thanks,
Robert