OLPC eToys!

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 21 05:06:02 UTC 2006

On 2006 September 20 13:19, Yanni Chiu wrote:

> Working in 1200x900 resolution isn't really the problem.
> IIUC, the problem is having a true picture of the result.
>
> Suppose you manage to set your resolution at 1200x900,
> and merrily author a project on your 19" monitor (for example).
> You'll choose font sizes, box sizes, alignment, etc, based
> on what you see. But when this project is actually run on
> a real OLPC, it'll only be a quarter the size (because the
> screen resolution is 200dpi, not the more typical 100dpi).
> The result may be that some things may be illegible.

I think I understand, because the dot size is roughly half on the olpc
compared to PC, same resolution is displayed on half physical area, and Bert
wants to test the user experience of building a project on 1200 on PC, and
how it will look when it is used on the laptop (or the other way around).

Thanks Milan