[ANN] Squeak Documentation Project

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:29:33 UTC 2006

Hi Mathew,

This is something the noobs need badly. How about creating a community
documentation wiki like the RailsWiki
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails
except it should be better organized by a team leader.
My thoughts on this...

I think it should have two broad sections.
1. Manuals
Howtos, tutorials and long winded explanations
2. Language reference
The links on ref.home should map to the classes as they are displayed
in the system browser. Categories -> Classes -> Methods. (no need for
method categories I think) Then for each method there should be a
brief explanation followed by example usage.

The skeleton can be setup by the team and the community can start
filling things in. Team would also do some editing of content...filter
out spam etc.(or require login - with email verification. RailsWiki
had some bad spam problems).

I'll be happy to participate and can even host it on my server.
my 2 cents worth.

bakki