[ANN] Squeak Documentation Project

Eric Winger eric at thewingers.net
Thu Sep 21 16:44:27 UTC 2006

This is one of the problems with Smalltalk in general, as I see it.
There's a ton of documentation available on Smalltalk, not just Squeak.
But when you're starting out, you don't want all that. You need a
straight forward, single, starting point to get going.

The stic group, through the smalltalk-central.com site is trying to
centralize a lot of Smalltalk information into one place for people
curious about Smalltalk.

Right now, in the tutorials sections on smalltalk-central.com, there
are inumerable tutorials on squeak and aspects of squeak. Where does a
newbie start?

It would be nice to get a squeak tutorial that is concise,
well-written, well-formatted and designed for the beginner. If nothing
else, so he doesn't have to wade through 50 tutorials to get started.

Eric