[ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 19

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Thu Sep 21 16:46:35 UTC 2006

Andrew Tween a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>> do you use this image ?
> I've played with it for a few hours, and I plan to use it in the future.

Cool, feel free to give me feedback

> I think it is picking up the wrong version when only part of the package name is
> specified.
>
> Is it ok to be more specific about which mcz file to install? What I mean is,
> that this loads the correct versions of the packages...

Sure, I will add the possibility to specify a version if necessary.
However, it may be better to create a new branch (Shout3.16 for
example). Like this, it is always possible for people and scripts to get
the last version. Just tell me what you decide and I will change the
script according to that.

> Is the idea to always install the most recent version of a package from a
> particular repository. Or to install the most recent published version? Or to
> install a specific version?

My idea is to have a script which allows me to often construct new
images with all packages updated automatically. So, I would prefer to
avoid fixed version when possible. If this is not possible in your case,
it's fine with me and I will add the possibility to specify versions.

> If necessary, I will delete the older versions of the packages which are causing
> the problems.

I don't think this is necessary.

Thank you for your help and your package Shout which I really love :-)

--
Damien Cassou