OLPC eToys!

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Thu Sep 21 21:43:01 UTC 2006

Bert Freudenberg schrieb:

> What would be really interesting is if someone could come up with a
> way to author projects at their native OLPC resolution (1200x900)
> while viewing them at half that size, that is, scaled by 0.5 in a
> 600x450 window. This is because the actual resolution of the display
> is 200 dpi, whereas a normal monitor has 100 dpi.
That should work using a slightly modified WorldWindow - in theory.
Sadly, WorldWindow as it is is broken, and I don't understand enough of
it to fix it. If you could get it to work, you could insert a
TransformMorph with a scale of 0.5 and smoothing between the window and
its contained PasteUpMorph.
It's all a bit tricky, but once you get it running, it should be pretty
usable. I've got it running to the point where I can render a world at
half scale and open menus on it, but opening windows does not work yet.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin