[ANN] Squeak Documentation Team formation

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 02:19:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 07:09:17PM -0700, Andreas Raab wrote:
> Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> >I created a document stating the plan, goals, and purpose of the
> >Squeak Documentation Team:
> >http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5870
>
> One thing I will note is that there is a difference between "teach new
> Squeakers how to become excellent Squeakers" (as stated in first
> paragraph) and "teach a new Squeaker how to be an excellent Morphic
> programmer" (as stated under deliverables). The first one I'd expect to
> be a lot about the tools whereas the latter I'd much more expect to be
> about certain class libraries.

Since Squeak is so unfamiliar to many people, I think it is not
useful to teach someone how to use the class libraries if they
do not know how to use the Squeak tools. I believe that teaching
both at once would be ideal; the interesting Morphic application
is the final outcome of the tutorial, and, in the process, one
learns how to use good squeak practices to create any
application.

That was my intent. I updated the document to reflect that. The
deliverable is now "to teach a new Squeaker how to effectively
use Squeak and to develop a Morphic application."

--
Matthew Fulmer