Every classes has required selectors

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 15:58:25 UTC 2006

2006/9/22, Damien Cassou <damien.cassou at laposte.net>:
> Hi,
>
> every classes in the system (3.9) have required selectors which means
> every classes are abstract! This is not cool.
>
> My dynamic protocol display them but I don't like that and I think I
> will hide them.
>
> Here are the required selectors for Object and Class:
>
> Object requiredSelectors
>      an IdentitySet(#copyUniClassWith: #slotInfoButtonHitFor:inViewer:
> #adaptToNumber:andSend: #contents: #step #readFrom:)
>
> Class requiredSelectors
>      an IdentitySet(#copyUniClassWith: #slotInfoButtonHitFor:inViewer:
> #adaptToNumber:andSend: #contents: #step #sendCaches: #soleInstance
> #readFrom:)

Bah. Imagine every class in Java was abstract. I can already see then
endless amount of flames and disses. It would always the mentioned as
one of the (other endlsess) bad points of Java. Every class in Squeak
is abstract? Well, that's just the way it is .....

Probably soon some post will that this is not problem at all.

Philippe