[ANN] Squeak Documentation Team formation

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 20:27:45 UTC 2006

On 9/22/06, Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you much. Could you add your name to
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5870

I will.

> Ask on #squeak for the user name and password

> Yes:
>     Installation
>     Debugging
>     Browsing
>     Coding
>     Smalltalk Language
>     Collections
>     Morphic
>
> Probably:
>     Unit Testing
>     Change Sets

I would move both of these to yes. I am not sure of unless you are
doing desktop apps. I think it falls in the application domain. Some
one correct me if I am wrong. eg. If you are doing only web apps
(Seaside, Magritte, Pier etc) you don't need to know much of Morphic
and vice versa.

> Maybe:
>     SqueakSource
>     SqueakMap
>     MontiCello
>     Projects

I consider MOnticello, SqueakMap and then SqueakSource as essential
developer skills as well.

> Probably not:
>     seaside

This would be a section 4 topic.

> No:
>     mvc
> There are three options for each topic:
> 1. Include it in this beginners tutorial, because that skill is
>     essential to being a good Squeak programmer.
> 2. Create another tutorial to address it.
> 3. Link to an existing tutorial of the appropriate scope.
>
> I do not want to duplicate effort; I want to create a tutorial
> to take a programmer from "Squeak? Huh?" to "I know how to use
> squeak to develop useful applications, and I know where to go
> for help"
>
> The content and organization of the tutorial is an open topic.
>
> --
> Matthew Fulmer

I'd like to re-iterate about the classes reference (a la php). It
could stand on its own.

-bakki