[ANN] Squeak Documentation Team formation

Chris Kassopulo ckasso at sprynet.com
Sun Sep 24 14:41:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:32:36 -0700, Matthew Fulmer wrote:

> I do not want to duplicate effort; I want to create a tutorial to take a
> programmer from "Squeak? Huh?" to "I know how to use squeak to develop
> useful applications, and I know where to go for help"
>
> The content and organization of the tutorial is an open topic.

Greetings,

Cincom has a pair of tutorials that are excellent.  They are intended for
people with little programming and no smalltalk experience.  They contain
lots of graphics and lots of links to more detailed information.  You are
guided through developing an application that analyzes web log stats by
first coding in a workspace and and then moving your code to methods.  The
first tutorial creates the classes and methods.  In the second you develop
a gui for the application and package it.  Along the way you learn the
basics of using smalltalk.  By the end you hunger for more.

While I'm sure you have your own ideas of content, you would do well to
look over their material:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/cincom/blogView?content=tutorials

I don't know if there are any legal or ethical considerations but perhaps
we could use the same application and content adapted for Squeak. I would
be willing to do the first tutorial and with the help of someone
knowledgeable in morphic, move on to the second.

I am also willing to edit and prepare content provided by others.

Chris