Squeak UI is freezing

Cédrick Béler cbeler at enit.fr
Mon Sep 25 12:48:27 UTC 2006

>> it looks like the this issue reported on Mantis: http://
>> bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=4882
>>

> I get something different.  Squeak goes into an infinite loop, while
> this bug reports very low CPU usage.
>
> In my case, Squeak eventually crashes and produces a stack trace
> involving CompiledMethod>>who and three other methods, infinitely
> recursing.
>
> This is a 3.9 image and VM 3.9-7.  But given the infinite recursion,
> it looks like an image-level bug.

for what it worth... in my case, when it happens on windows, I sometimes
get a console with a message looping when the mouse is moving over the
squeak screen:

WARNING: event buffer overflow

I'm not sure it's related to the same problem, as the console showed up
(I think) after I hit <cmd> . several times...

Cédrick

ps: is there a console on the linux/unix vm ? and if yes how to show it