Squeak Beginners Tutorial

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Sep 25 13:03:21 UTC 2006

Hello Michael,

MH> By the way, and contradicting what I wrote at the very beginning of
MH> this e-mail, I think I could write some tutorial-like stuff if I
MH> managed to get that little GUI up and running. Is that enough of a
MH> teaser? ;-)
take a 3.6 Squeak and look at TestRunner class side >>openAsMorph.
It's all in one single method, later Versions are better factored and
IMO thus harder to follow.

In case your problems arise from dealing with PluggableListMorph get
PluggableMorphsDemo.pr from the swiki.

Soon (tomorrow?) I can provide a mini-connectors like thing (UI and
graph building) which might be helpful as a tutorial. It's only 33K of
ST and provides stepping (animation) and context menus.

Cheers!

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net