Success !!! (was Re: RV: [ANN] Kernel image and the Rest of Squeak package for Squeak 7061)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Sep 26 02:39:18 UTC 2006

John M McIntosh wrote:
> Then we go to sleep and just calls
> ioRelinquishProcessorForMicroseconds() which calls aioSleep for looks
> like 20 milliseconds...
[... snip ...]
> Then suddenly it after some minutes it loads the
> BitBltPlugin and then the B2DPlugin
>
> and calls primitiveShowDisplayRect
> which triggers the building of the main window and display, because I
> don't build the window until it's required.

Any possibility it's trying to put a warning about a missing
sources/changes file? IIRC, then the error reporting process is screwy -
it's trying to put up a morphic dialog before morphic is initialized,
namely in FileDirectory>>startUp which happens way, way early in the
startup sequence. I'm not certain primShowDisplayRect: is being called
properly at that point.

Cheers,
   - Andreas