The future of the web (was: Re: Squeak Beginners Tutorial)

J J azreal1977 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 20:21:06 UTC 2006

>From: Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com>
>To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: Squeak Beginners Tutorial
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:02:42 -0700
>
>My opinion is that Croquet will eventually replace most of the
>current web apps, and the web will go back to what it was meant to
>be: a place to publish documents.

I totally disagree.  The web is going to be the publish place of choice for
as many end user apps as possible.  Imagine not having to worry about
versions, buggy OS'es that you can't see or control, and on and on.  I'm
surprised it is moving as slowly as it is, but I expect client GUI apps to
do nothing but become more scarce.  It's just too paintful to deploy them.