SqueakMap packages in 3.9g

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 27 01:54:26 UTC 2006

On 2006 September 26 18:41, Ken Causey wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 18:23 -0400, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> > Does putting a BUG report on Mantis such as "this error happens in 3.9
> > (details)" against a Squeak Package (e.g. RemoteFrameBuffer) produce
> > email the package maintainers? If it does not, it could be a useful
> > addition, if it does, perhaps we should be just reporting such 3.9
> > incompatibility on Mantis (I added one earlier, I am not sure how to
> > contact the maintainer)
> >
> > Milan
>
> No it does not, and I don't think it is needed.  If you choose a
> category, and that category is assigned to someone then that person will
> get notice that an issue has been assigned to them.  Some of the
> categories are currently assigned to people, many of them are not.
> Perhaps in the future all of the categories should be assigned to
> someone, perhaps the the release team leader by default;

Ken,

Thanks, that make sense - so basically, each category has (or can have) a
responsible person, who does get a notice (is that an email?) when any issue
is assigned to that category, is that correct? If so, that is exactly what I
had in mind. I did not mean to say we should have a special treatment for
release-specific bugs such that "this package does has error in 3.9". My
wording was bad, I  actually ment to say everything should be reported and
handled like any other bug within Mantis (rather than use other mechanism),
just was not sure the reponsible person does get a notification.

Milan