[ANN] Squeak Documentation Project

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 27 07:08:25 UTC 2006

Matthew Fulmer <tapplek at gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 10:07:03AM -0400, Bakki Kudva wrote:
> > I don't know why I didn't come across this earlier, but this is an
> > awesome reference for beginners to advanced users with sections for VM
> > hacking. If we could update the sections to the latest Squeak versions
> > it will be a great start. (Matthew, had you seen this?). One of our
> > first tasks should be to pull in all known references to one central
> > place, refactor and have ONE great ref.
>
> This is exactly the purpose of my Category index project:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5871

The page looks excellent.  However, there is an existing page for this
purpose, entitled "Documentation":

  http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2983

Even after all of Matthew's work, the existing Documentation page is
much longer and is still the better starting point.

Matthew, feel free to put your effort into the existing catalog page
instead of creating a new one.  minnow is a community wiki, and this
page was designed precisely for the purpose you and Bakki are talking
about.  Unless your catalog is special in some way compared to the
existing one, what is the point?

-Lex