join

Ramon Leon ramonleon at cox.net
Wed Sep 27 07:45:31 UTC 2006

> By the way, I still find "join" to be a funny name here, but everyone
> in the thread insists it is common....
>
> -Lex

Really?  Seems to make sense to me, telling a collection to join all of
it's elements together with a string.  Here's a list of words, join them
all with ', '.  Here's a list of conditions, join them all with ' and ',
or ' or '.  It's used so much, I can't think of a shorter more precise
name.  It's certainly a common name in many other languages, maybe we're
all just acclimated to that name.

Of course, I thought #ifTrue:ifFalse: looked pretty funny at first as
well, even stubbed out #if:else: just to see if I could make it look
more normal, but only at first. ;)

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com