installing Squeak on linux

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:18:20 UTC 2007

I always have problems installing Squeak on linux and
upgrading to Squeak 3.9 from Squeak 3.8 is no different.
In fact, so far, this time around I have failed.

On the Squeak download page  (www.squeak.org/Download)
is says to download three files:
      the virtual machine (done),
      the image file (done),
     and the Sources file (I don't see this file anywhere) on this page.
     (I believe that I can use the 3.8 sources file here but I must need
     to fetch a changes file somewhere?????

Upon downloading the virtual machine file and untaring it I scanned
the INSTALL file.  It says:
    "
            If you don't already have the image/changes files
            corresponding to version X.Y then you also need to fetch:
                  Squeak-X.Y-image.tar.gz
    "

 I don't see this file anywhere.

Each previous time I installed Squeak the inisqueak command failed
to be installed.  I hope at least that this problem is fixed this time
around
but haven't reached this point yet.
Can someone tell me what I am supposed to do now?

Thanks.

Ralph Boland   (Yearning for the day when I can do a confusion free Squeak
install)