Unicode Arrows in Shout ( was Re: Squeak-dev/Squeak-web image v95-2)

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:31:57 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have hacked a version of Shout together that supports Unicode arrows.
You can get the mcz from here...

http://www.zen61439.zen.co.uk/ShoutUnicodeArrows/

This folder contains...

    the hacked Shout mcz,

    some screenshots -
        showing how it looks with FreeSans.ttf installed as TTCFontSet
        and how it looks with Arial using FreeType

    a suitable unicode ttf font (FreeSans.ttf)

    an install script, ShoutUnicodeArrows.st , that :-
        installs the mcz,
        installs FreeSans as a TextStyle, and sets it as the code font,
        Sets the correct Shout preferences

To install, copy the folder contents to your default directory, and filein in
the .st file.
then open a normal Browser.
(I used a Squeak-dev-95-2 image during development).

The key sequences / hotkeys are :

    unicode Leftwards Arrow is any one of :-

         cmd-shift-<cursorLeft>
         <-
         \<cursorLeft>
         _<space>

    unicode Upwards Arrow is any one of :-

         cmd-shift-<cursorUp>
         ^<space>

The only ones I personally like are cmd-shift-<cursorLeft> &
cmd-shift-<cursorUp>

Cheers,
Andy