connecting to remote file server

Navodit Kaushik navoditk at yahoo.co.in
Sun Apr 15 17:11:15 UTC 2007

Hi

  So I have been trying to get some feedback on this for some time on the begineers list but since there was no response I thought that someone on this list might have a better idea about the issue:

  Basically I have set up a file server using Komanche and want to connect to this server so that I can create/read/edit files on the server.  The file server is accessible as : http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 on the browser and I can see the folders/files therein. I want to be able to remotely connect to this server and work with the directories/files there...

  Can someone advise how to go about this? I tried using ServerDirectory but am not sure how to work without any user names/passwords? Right now when I send the message "openFTPClient"  it gives an error due to blank password.
   Any hints would be welcome. Thanks