how to make your blog more syndicatable (Re: POLL: merge squeak and croquet planets ?)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Apr 15 17:39:11 UTC 2007

Simon Michael wrote:
> otherwise it will be a judgement call whether to subscribe
> them to just one or to both.

PS, to recap: in the first case above, some interesting posts will be
missed by one of the planets from time to time.

In the second case, enthusiasts who follow both planets (eg in google
reader, like me) will see duplicated posts fairly often.

I guess I'll propose, then, if you are a blogspot author posting on both
general squeak and croquet topics, please consider enabling and using the
topic tags ("Labels") feature. (And any equivalent if you use some other
blog software).

You may need to upgrade to the newer version of blogspot, which is a good
idea in any case. Then you can tag some posts with "croquet", some with
"squeak", some with both - and the planets can subscribe to
".../search/label/squeak" and ".../search/label/croquet". You get the idea.
I know it's a bit more hassle when you just want to blog, but it seems like
the best way to deliver the content people want to see. Comments and
alternatives welcome.