[ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 107

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Apr 16 16:52:12 UTC 2007

El 4/16/07 12:52 PM, "Tim Johnson" <trilobyte at hoe.nu> escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I'll add one :)
>
> Trying to load VMMaker version 3.8b6 results in the following message
> (after FFI is loaded):
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   KlattResonatorIndices
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
> definitions:
>   KlattSynthesizerPlugin
>   KlattSynthesizerPlugin classSide>>declareCVarsIn:
>   KlattSynthesizerPlugin classSide>>initialize
> [...]
>
> It is unclear from the message whether clicking "Proceed" and then
> installing KlattXXX manually will resolve the dependencies.  Will it?
> Should that be made more clear?  Or should KlattXXX be added as a
> dependency of VMMaker so the error message doesn't appear at all?  Beats
> me -- I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm just brainstorming.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim Johnson

3.10 is the first "reduced" official image , following Pavel and my own
previous works.

One of the goal is easier the transition to smaller images as MinimalMorphic
or what comes in 3.11, that is more modular "base" .image what people grows
to what he / she wish using mechanism like Lex Universes.

At this moment, 3.10 base don't have some packages what once was part of
Squeak like Speech.

All Klatt classes was in Speech package, so you need load Speech first for
no complaints or contact VMMaker  owner for a new version what don't need
Klatt (wonder me why VMMaker need this ).

Edgar