Packaging VMMaker (was Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 107)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Apr 16 17:01:19 UTC 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 18:52 , Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> El 4/16/07 12:52 PM, "Tim Johnson" <trilobyte at hoe.nu> escribió:
>>
>> It is unclear from the message whether clicking "Proceed" and then
>> installing KlattXXX manually will resolve the dependencies.  Will it?
>> Should that be made more clear?  Or should KlattXXX be added as a
>> dependency of VMMaker so the error message doesn't appear at all?
>> Beats
>> me -- I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm just brainstorming.
>
> All Klatt classes was in Speech package, so you need load Speech
> first for
> no complaints or contact VMMaker  owner for a new version what
> don't need
> Klatt (wonder me why VMMaker need this ).

Because some constants must be shared between the image and the plugin.

I suggested splitting up VMMaker into multiple packages before.
However, in extreme, we would have one package per plugin, which
would be cumbersome. No conclusion has been reached on this, so the
status quo that VMMaker basically needs a Full Image remains.

- Bert -