need to draw finite state machines

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:24:18 UTC 2007

I am writing an open source project in Squeak for constructing
finite state machines from regular expressions.  It contains
a large number of algorithms (I am comparing them to determine
the best ones).  To help me debug the FSM minimization algorithms
and for other reasons I want a package that can draw a finite state machine
given the FSM as input.
But I don't want to implement this from scratch.

Is there any software in Squeak (or other version of Smalltalk from which
I can do a port) that draws finite state machines (directed edge labeled
graphs)?
I need to be able to modify the graph easily in software (add and remove
edges,
color nodes or edges, etc).  I am not particularly interested in being able
draw a FSM interactively though such a facility wouldn't hurt.

Also if there is anyone who is interested in adding this functionality to my
project that would be great.

Thanks

Ralph Boland