Learning how to Squeak in 15 mails (was Re: Squeak as Presentation vehicle.)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Apr 18 10:22:32 UTC 2007

El 4/17/07 3:33 PM, "Brad Fuller" <brad at bradfuller.com> escribió:

> Thanks Edgar. Could you share the tricks here? I'd like to know too!
The easy and rewarding way, as always I said is:

Take your own kid.
Look for a Spanish speaking kid near to you.
Today go http://ar.geocities.com/edgardec2001/NavidadMorph.htm , here you
and the two kids learn how to do a Christmas gift Squeak way, the two kids
learn a different culture, you start to change the world for good.

To business:
In Workspace type TextMorph boldAuthoringPrototype openInHand.
following Squeak convention , press blue button, raise halo.
Select "debug" button.
Make own subclas, I choose NavidadMorph as name.
Raise halo again, select browse morph class, you must have a Hierarchy
Browser like the pict in page.

In particular, you are interested in stepping and presenter methods.
"step" is all what you Morph could do when Squeak give power to it.
"stepTime" is when in milliseconds Squeak give power to it. ^1000 means what
Squeak power your Morph once each second.

To be continued....

Edgar