Which PostgreSQL client?

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Thu Apr 19 06:42:04 UTC 2007

Ron Teitelbaum wrote:
> I'm using 3.9 but I wouldn't assume that the code will not work in earlier
> versions.  Try it and see.  Hopefully if you load all the pieces it will
> work in any image.  It is Smalltalk!

If you need MD5 password authentication, then you'd need the
Cryptography package to work in the Squeak version you want
to use. Otherwise, the PostgresV2 package should work in
older versions of Squeak. The original development was done
around 2000/2001, in a then current Squeak (3.2? or was
it 2.8?). Also, with some capatibility methods (mainly to
do with networking), the basic postgres connection has
worked in Spoon, VW/Cincom and VAST.