what is the status of the font rendering

Brad Fuller brad at bradfuller.com
Fri Apr 20 21:27:21 UTC 2007

Andrew Tween wrote:
>> it doesn't page up and page down the way you might have intended it to.
>>
> "FontListMenuMorph>>displayFiltered: evt" doesn't seem to work. At least
>
> I bodged together the paging font picker, and it works ok for me on Linux
> (Fedora & openSUSE).
> Try clicking on the page up / page down items rather than using the keyboard.
> And be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds to render the next page.
>
> All the font picker menus need improving, but the problem is due to the number
> of available fonts, not FreeType per se.

(yeah, I know it's because of the number of fonts presented in the menu.)

I don't see a page up or a page down item. I was able to pick up the
menu (by selecting between the font listing) and by moving it around I
can see I end up with one long menu - containing the complete list of
fonts. Seems rather strange.
This is the developer's image, maybe that has something to do with it.

(I'm running gentoo)

Thanks for the work, Andy!

--
brad fuller