Plan for 3.10 iteration 2

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Apr 21 21:12:48 UTC 2007

I complete the unload of Etoys and Nebraska from Squeak3.10alpha.7091.image.

I wish take this chance of major change for incorporate in this
Squeak3.10alpha.7091W.image. (W for without Etoys and Nebraska) , some
things required for members (Mulltillingual and others) what at this point I
could't do using the "Monticello way" what we are using now.

Things what you wish know.

Some class of "old Etoys" are keep into image, my experiments with
SqueakLight shows what soon or later you need one.
Etoys and Nebraska was reshaped taking this and MinimalMorphic lessons.
One of 3.10 targets is for easier the transition to smaller images what all
could use in safe form.
Etoys and Nebraska Nebraska unload an load again.
Without changes his classes intialize and with our current Ralph version of
Monticello !! (This wonder me too )
The only what I need in the first ever try was:
To first complain is fileIn  Vocabulary >> changeMadeToViewerAdditions
and at the second for TileMorph initialize
"TileMorph readInArrowGraphics    -- call manually if necessary to bring
graphics forward"
this steps requires three .morphs in user directory.

Off course , all need use and test and sure many changes for all works as if
never Etoys and Nebraska go out or image.

SystemNavigation default allUnimplementedCalls size 183 grows to 352.
Cleaning take some more time.

Image without Etoys and Nebraska is .8 Mb smaller (first unpolished try).

So I required your feedback.

I should put this Squeak3.10alpha.7091W.image into Squeak ftp for all could
try and give opinions ?

Or ask to Klaus for he put in his ftp ?

Edgar

PS> If wait what I do all the methods rewrite , send note to my Apple dealer
for they lower his prices. :=)