Plan for 3.10 iteration 2

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Sun Apr 22 13:14:27 UTC 2007

Damien Cassou schrieb:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> 2007/4/22, Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de>:
>> Hello Damien,
>>
>> I am using your dev-Images, too. Alas I have problems with it.
>
> Thank you for the report.
>

>> For example:
>> 1. Start the Refactoring Browser.
>>     Select a unary message selector. Press "R"-button and then "Method"
>> -> "10. Rename Method".
>>     Enter a new name and accept it.
>>     => MNU: BrowserRequestor>>getArgumentPermutation
>

> This is a known bug: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6354
Doh, I haven't seen this bug report, thank you.

> You may want to try using OmniBrowser instead of the refactoring
> browser. In recent squeak-dev images, it contains refactorings too.
> Those ones seems to work.
I have perceived  OmniBrowser  as the least interesting browser so far.
Normally I open a browser by means of the "open" menu.
OmniBrowser is only accessible via the "class browser" entry,
if you have chosen it as the default. Otherwise it vanishes and isn't
accessible via a menu entry anymore.
By the way, the open menu should have an overhaul.
There are four source browsers available in the open menu of your
dev-image:
    1. class browser                 : initially let you choose one of
                                                    #PackagePaneBrowser
                                                    #Browser
                                                    #RefactoringBrowser
                                                    #OBSystemBrowserAdaptor
    2. package pane browser   : opens a browser with title "Package Browser"
    3. Image Browser              : opens a browser with title "System
Browser"
    4. Refactoring Browser     : opens a browser with title "RB"

(#Browser and #OBSystemBrowserAdaptor seem to be the same as number 3 -
Image Browser.)
IMO the menu entries and the titles shall match. Now it is a little bit
confusing.
(And the Refactoring Browser shall have a sound title.)
Furthermore it would be nice to have a convention for capitalisation
(e.g. "class browser" versus "Image Browser").
Thus, the open menu lacks consistency.

Regards
Andreas