make squeaksource work without www

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:31:31 UTC 2007

2007/4/22, Damien Pollet <damien.pollet at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to configure the squeaksource server so that commits
> still work when we omit the www part from the repository URL ?
>
> Package checkout already works but when saving a version, Monticello
> gets a HTTP 302 status.

That's a problem with HTTPSocket (this would then be infinite plus one).
Basically you should use www instead and SqueakSource tells you to do
so (via http, 303 would probably be better, semantically) but
HTTPSocket just does not care, like it does for a lot of things, for
example your proxy if POSTing.
Possible solutions:
- replace HTTPSocket with something that works like Curl
- use www
Don't even think about fixing HTTPSocket.

Cheers
Philippe