pending mac carbon VM 3.8.17b1

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 25 23:44:29 UTC 2007

Lurking in the Squeak 3.10 image I think is code to do this via the
mac menu api, people are welcome to look.

I've never wanted to stick the quit in the proper place because it's
quit no save, and people might forget the difference between quit no
save, and quit {implied ask save changes...}

Another issue here is that if you log-off a quit cmd is issued to
each application and we've never decided how that should flow up from
the VM to
the smalltalk image thus prompting the user if he should save and
quit. Right now we ignore the request, versus terminating the VM,
unless you
use a specific info.plist setting that tells the VM to quit no save
if we are told to quit by the operating system.

On Apr 25, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Karl wrote:

> John M McIntosh wrote:
>> I've pushed out a 3.8.17b1 universal mac carbon VM to my idisk and
>> ftp site.
> Could you move the Quit Squeak option from the File menu to the
> Squeak menu ?
>
> Karl

===