Morphic graphics, Displaying fonts & canvases

sig siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 02:36:58 UTC 2007

On 25/04/07, Howard Stearns <hstearns at wisc.edu> wrote:
> One might think that this is an already-solved problem.  I don't know.
>
> You might look for comparison at Morgan McGuire's 2D API for Curl, which
> supports a lot of the same goals. He stated these as extensible,
> object-oriented, immediate mode 2D graphics AND text. It facilitates retained
> and 3D API's above and OpenGL below.
>     http://www.cs.brown.edu/~morgan/papers/CurlGraphicsThesis.doc
> Prof. McGuire later worked with John Hughes' group at Brown, so he may have
> learned something since then that would cause him to reconsider...

i'll examine it, thanks for the link.

meanwhile i posted some screenshots of my current works.
take a look at http://computeradvenrutes.blogspot.com/
(i mistyped the blog name, it must be computeradventures, but i saved
it under computeradvenrutes and seems there's no way to fix it :) )
Feel free to leave comments and questions.