[Newbies] Looking at Squeak

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Apr 27 12:47:33 UTC 2007

El 4/27/07 9:23 AM, "subbukk" <subbukk at gmail.com> escribió:

> It is available at http://sda.iu.edu/K-12/math-model-nature.045.pr. It is
> about 5.2M.
>
> BTW, I just found this project loads fine with Squeakland plugin image
> (v3.8-05), but fails in Squeak3.8-6665 and Squeak3.9-final-7067.
>
> Regards .. Subbu

First time what I see a project so big.
As I have a collection of several different images, I first open on the
image what you reported.
>From here I learn what classes the .pr use what was in this image and not in
the target image.
The quick dirty solution is fileOut any classes what was in the image what
load and run the project fine and fileIn again in the target.
Same for any method what could be deprecated or ripped of recent ones.
Made with all this a "Glue" .cs and install into the target image.
Usually , this opens any old project.
Backward compatibility is not possible between 3.8 and beyond and 3.7
because format change of #Symbol (byte) to #WideSymbol (word) .

I loading the .pr now, stay tuned

Edgar