[Vm-dev] search order for plugins

subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 08:10:41 UTC 2007

On Saturday 28 April 2007 1:47 am, Ian Piumarta wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2007, at 12:25 PM, subbukk wrote:
> > I am not sure about MAC, but Unix specs require execv() calls to pass
> > pathnames in argv[0].
>
> Please post a ref to the part of the POSIX, SUS, X/Open, or whatever
> standard you like, specification that says this.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/execv.html
The specific part is:
 The value in argv[0] should point to a filename that is associated with the
process being started by one of the exec functions

Some pre-98 Unix implementations (Solaris 2.5?) used to imply that directory
names *may* be left out, but I doubt if these survived past Y2K.

Regards .. Subbu