Monticello 2 question (sort of)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Apr 28 23:24:08 UTC 2007

On 28-Apr-07, at 12:54 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Just a remark yu may have noticed (in that case do not care of my
> remarks)
> that changeset do not record the changes themselves but the fact
> that something changed.
> You cannot have two versions of the same method in different cs
> loaded in the image.

Last time I looked that was not quite true; the changesets keep a
copy of the actual method (which is one of the reasons images started
bloating until one did a cleanout of all old changesets) and if I
understood properly some code relating to Projects would swap
versions on entry and exit. Personally I do not like this state of
affairs much. I believe it was an attempt at some sort of project
based namespace that never got completed and - as is so often the
case - never got cleaned out. Perhaps now would be a good time to do it?

tim
Computing Dictionary: Recursive: (see Recursive)