The Weekly Juan #10: "Cheap, High Quality Fonts in Squeak"

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Apr 29 01:33:45 UTC 2007

I agree with the kerning issue. It is one of the disadvantages I talked
about in my page.

But, an image that already has FreeType (I guess you're talking about
it), what's the need for something like what I did? If you really care
about kerning and other issues (like in Sophie), the proper solution is
modeling the fonts and rendering them. My solution is for more modest
needs, like a programmer that wants to avoid extra complexity and is
happy with nice looking code.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich