Any reason for assigning block parameter in inject:into:

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Apr 29 21:33:40 UTC 2007

The difference is that both you, Bert, and Colin are quite versed in
Smalltalk. Anyone looking at Smalltalk as if it were C or some other
dismal bit-mangling nonsense might very well be seeing the method
parameter(s) as pointers.

Whatever we think about reasons, the definition is that method
parameters and and block args are not supposed to be assigned to; we
should make sure the compiler enforces that properly.

tim
I asked Mom if I was a gifted child ... she said they certainly
wouldn't have paid for me.