Held an OLPC laptop today!

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Mon Apr 30 12:22:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

>> One thing I realized trying to build a quick presentation, is that we
>> really
>> need a different interface then the mouse pad or mouse.
One alternative is to make a device by yourself.
We are working on self made devices to do multitouch interaction.
There is some pages on my work
 at http://www.aleReimondo.com.ar/MultiTouch
 most of the explanations are in spanish in my workspace
 but videos and photos on how to build a device yourself
 can be understood...
There is also a forum for people involved in doit-yourself=doNotWait
 multi touch devices and projects at http://nuigroup.com/forums/

hope this can help to put your hands on it (and not only one finger or a
pencil).
cheers,
Ale.