[ANN] FreeType Plus release

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:47:37 UTC 2007

On 30/04/07, Andrew Tween <amtween at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Can you give an example of a font that is missing?
> If you could send the font file to me privately, that would be great.

It looks like it only sees fonts from /Library/Fonts (the machine-wide
font directory) and not fonts I installed just for me in
$HOME/Library/Fonts (I know, I know, I'm the only user on this machine
:D )

It seems it doesn't like PS type1 and OpenType fonts. Maybe this is a
limitation of freetype ? For instance, Audimat, freely available at
http://www.smeltery.net/ (sorry, crappy site, no direct URL)

> It should work ok without the BitBltPlugin. There is a bug somewhere there. Do
> you get a debugger at all? I am wondering what the error is that has caused the
> TextMorph to stop drawing.

The primitive fails in #copyBitsColor:alpha:gammaTable:ungammaTable:
	<primitive: 'primitiveCopyBits' module: 'BitBltPlugin'>
Debug log attached.

> > Also the contents of the menu are not always the same, not in the same
> > order, or paginated differently (in the appearance > system fonts
> > menus).
>
> They should be in alphabetical order.
> And when you change a system font it should show you the currently selected font
> in blue. So it will 'jump' to the page that contains that font.
> If you are seeing something different, then a screenshot would be helpful.

OK, it does all this, but it puts the selected font on top of the
page, so the page jumps appear at different places depending on which
font is selected.

> Try changing Squeak's setting to 72 and see if the font sizes then match.
> You can do this by evaluating...
>     TextStyle pixelsPerInch: 72.0

Thanks!

--