which files to add to a Windows Squeak to make it run on Mac? Linux?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Aug 2 10:01:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have a usb stick with a Squeak windows installation.

Now I want to make this run on a mac and Linux. From my windows point
of view I would have to copy the Mac or Linux equivalent of squeak.exe.

While the Win VM download is half a MB the Mac VM download is 13 MB
bringing an image and loads of files in deeply nested folders.

Is there a way to copy one file (or whatever is the minimum set of
files)into my Win installation and create a link (or batch?) which
starts the Mac VM with my "3_6_basic_projektleitung.image"

Same for Linux, the VM download installs about 4 MB in multiple
folders.

I want to plug in the stick in any machine and the three topmost items
should be: 0Linux 0Mac and 0Windows of which I would choose the right
type of OS.

Thanks,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net