About pushBack:

Michael Rueger michael at impara.de
Thu Aug 2 14:15:53 UTC 2007

Damien Cassou wrote:

> So? I don't understand your answer. In Squeak 3.8, 3.9 and 3.10, there
> is no other implementor of #pushBack nor is there any sender but
> XMLTokeniser.

Well, if you actually had cared to look you'll would have seen that it
was in 3.8, but Goran's SocketStream which came in in 3.8.1 and 3.9 it
is missing.

>>> Do you know if the method pushBack on the XMLTokenizer is ever used?
>> It's used when parsing and resolving entity definitions.
>
> Can you put a 'self halt' on XMLTokeniser>>pushBack: and see if this
> method is ever called? I can't find any sender.

There are three senders of pushBack: in XMLTokeniser.

And I sincerely hope that you are not cleaning up the Stream hierarchy
in a way so that the rest of the community has then to struggle to make
their stuff work again with the shiny new cleaned up hierarchy.

I'm not exactly bored right now...

Michael