[SqueakSource] SSFilesystem woes

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Fri Aug 3 07:07:23 UTC 2007

On 8/2/07, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Generally speaking, what *do* people use for Squeaksource storage given
> that SSFilesystem is generally quite unreliable?

Just for what it's worth: what we've taken to doing is to always
commit to the local filesystem, and then periodically do a 2-way rsync
to a directory on a server.  That way we're never waiting for network
traffic of any kind when we're actually saving/loading/merging, the
workflow is identical whether you're on or offline, and everyone has a
complete backup of the entire repository at all times.

Avi