[SqueakSource] SSFilesystem woes

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Aug 3 07:27:27 UTC 2007

Lukas Renggli wrote:
> Are you on the latest version?

Pretty much so. I skipped some of the tagging stuff but other than that
I think we're up to date.

> www.squeaksource.com saves the image every hour. For that amount of
> objects ReferenceStreams simply don't work anymore. We host about
> 30'000 versions with more than 2 GB of data.

That's pretty clever. It definitely avoids all of the issues we are
seeing and is also faster and atomic. I'll try this. Out of curiosity,
is anyone actively working on SqueakSource to address such issues?

Thanks!
   - Andreas