[ANN] Smagick

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Tue Aug 7 13:54:03 UTC 2007

> "Smagick" is a small high level interface to control "Image Magick"
> from within a Smalltalk environment, eg. Squeak. The purpose of this
> package is to provide high performance image manipulations without
> the need to know all the low level details of image processing.

Neat!!

There is a ton of stuff available on our machines outside of Squeak.
There are several ways to access such things, and Smagick's approach
is to use OSProcess.

Can you comment on how the interfacing works?  Does Image Magick have
a mode that lets you talk to it over a pipe, or does it have a rich
set of command-line options that Smagick can use, or what?

Also, does anyone have an idea if Smagick works in Windows, possibly
with Cygwin?  How about OS/X ?

Lex