Package Universes and Squeakmap

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:51:54 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Keith Hodges <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> The latest Magma beta's are being distributed as a monticello
> configuration. Chris and I agreed that maintaining dependencies within
> basic monticello without MonticelloConfigurations was too much of a
> headache.
>
> So if you want to load it with Universe then this little fix is needed
> to the Universes client.
>
> I just put a couple of mods into a Universe in the Installer repo, in
> the hope that you might pick up on the desirable changes at some point.
>
> best regards
>
> Keith

Aren't universes and Monticello configurations in the same space?  If so, do
you guys have any interest in just switching to Universes for your package
management so we don't have to maintain so many different ways of doing the
same thing?  The software can stay simpler (and therefor easier to maintain)
if each package (e.g. Universes) don't have to support every possible
format.