OT: Dolphin smalltalk giving up

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 16:25:44 UTC 2007

On 8/11/07, Bill Schwab <BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:

> Another thing that scares me a bit is printing.  I simply have not
> investigated it in Squeak, but will need to do so.

When you do start looking, start with TextPrinter.  I've done a few things
with printing (all on Windows, and with much older versions of the code),
and it works pretty well.  Of course, I've mostly been printing
graphs/diagrams, which really doesn't use much of TextPrinter, just some of
the low level stuff.  Basically, if you want, you can just write to the
printer form and push it to the printer itself.

Note exactly a very rich tools right now, but sufficient, and workable if
you need more complex stuff built on top of it.