Package Universes

Lex Spoon lex at lexspoon.org
Fri Aug 17 21:33:15 UTC 2007

"Jason Johnson" <jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com> writes:
> +1.  It would be nice if there was a spot that said who actually wrote it
> even if I have to type it in.

There is a spot for home page, which should give all the information
that is relevant.  Of course, you can also list the author name in the
description if you want -- if there even is a single identifiable
author.

Anyway, I plan to add a link to the SqueakMap entry.  SqueakMap seems
like a more appropriate place to add all the bits of meta-data you
might ever want, including authorship and time stamps.

> > 1. Packages should have information such as purpose and maintainer.
> >    At the moment there seems to be no such information. Instead it is
> > repeated for every version of the package.

The maintainer and description can and do change asn time goes on, so
it seems better to relist them for each version.

Most of the time, anyway, you are only interested in the most recent
version of a package.

Lex